Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fish Report 2/22/11

Decided to fish Embarcadero Park on the rocks at night. Got there two hours before high tide so there was some nice tidal movement. Although it was freezing out there it still ending up being a pretty descent night. Nothing huge was caught but did catch some legals (12 inches).

Finally got a chance to try my new T&C Lures that I have been anxiously waiting to use. I started out throwing the 3" swimgrub in black widow color with a 1/4 ounce leadhead, which is preferred at night. Sprayed on some Berkley shrimp scent and I was ready to go.
First cast, threw out my lure and a couple seconds later was rewarded with a spotted bay bass

I was pretty impressed with these T&C baits. All the hype about these baits is pretty much true. They catch fish! I ended up catching 3 bass on the black widow swimgrub. My friend even tried drop shotting the swimgrub and ended up catching a couple. Working these baits really slow ended up being the way to catch the fish. Throughout the night I ended up trying different baits on the drop shot. 

Baits used: Gulp shrimp - new penny color
                     Gulp ghost shrimp - natural color - caught the bigger sized bass
                     Gulp baitfish - watermelon pearl color
Decent sized spotty that went for the new penny shrimp rigged on the drop shot
My buddy ended up snagging this little guy

Total fish count: Me - 8 spotted bay bass
                            Tony - 7 spotted bay bass, 1 octopus

(All fish caught and released)

No comments:

Post a Comment